Sunday, July 11, 2010

Lessons learned from my cats

I have two sweet cats: Tiger and Clifford the Girl. They have a life that is envious at times. Maybe there is something I can learn from them.

1. If you meow, someone will feed you. Especially when you wind yourself around their legs and lead them to the kitchen.

2. It is important to take the time to sit in the window, watch the birds and the cars and enjoy the sunshine.

3. Always take time to keep yourself clean. Even if that means stopping in the middle of the hallway to lick your leg. You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

4. Tell the people in your life how you feel about them. Affection can be expressed by curling up on their lap, winding yourself around their leg or sticking your face in their face and nibbling on their ear or licking their eye.

5. Rest is important. Take the time to nap every day, especially if there is a warm spot of sunshine and a gentle breeze.

6. Alert your people to your presence and let them know they forgot you by sticking your paw under the bathroom door or pawing at the door to remind them you are there.

7. If your people forget to clean out your litter box, leave them little reminders so they are aware of the error.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,
I am Sandra, a supporter of UNICEF since 2005. I am running a non-profit site about UNICEF in order to spread the awareness about the significance of UNICEF. Recently I have come across your site and I found it very interesting and worth reading. Well I would like to exchange your site link with my site. You are now enrolled in my blog (Kindly visit: “http://www.unicef-org.blogspot.com/”). I wish you could place my blog in your site with a title “Children’s Aid at UNICEF”. Thanks for spending your precious seconds.

Cheers,
Sandra.