Saturday, February 7, 2009

Bonding

Thankfully, it appears that we are going to live after all. I said this to Princess and she burst into giggles. I take it as a good sign that we are getting better. Laughter has returned.

Not without a price however. It seems the residuals of the flu for each of us is a lingering cough. And laughing seems to trigger coughing fits. For me, this then causes pain under my ribs, around my diaphram and my intercostal muscles (those muscles between the ribs that move the ribcage out and in during breathing).

BB sent me into a coughing/laughing fit. I announced to the kids that I was making pancakes for dinner. BB croaked, "That sounds good." Something about the way his voice cracked and sounded so hoarse sounded so funny and I began to laugh and then the coughing started. As I laughed and coughed myself into a blue, oxygen deprived state, BB began laughing and coughing at the same time. Everytime we tried to talk, we laughed and coughed more. It lasted about 5 or 6 minutes. When I finally caught my breath, BB said, "Mom, we're bonding, aren't we?"

In sickness and in health, baby!

No comments: