Thursday, March 8, 2007

Go Go Gadget Girl

My new job has made me into a Gadget Girl. Not only do I have my own personal cell phone...which that alone is enough to baffle me at times. But now I have a work cell phone AND a pager. I have never had a pager before. I'm not quite sure what I will do when it actually goes off for the first time. I suppose I will have a similar response to when my cell phone is in my pocket on vibrate and leap in the air when it goes off. Thankfully, when that happened yesterday, I had my seatbelt on!

I also have voicemail, very complicated voicemail and I am supposed to record a new message every day. I got some lessons for my voicemail but I wasn't feeling brave enough to get into it today and clear out the old messages from the previous occupant of my cube. So, my phone has yet to ring for me but continues to blink, alerting me to messages that are not for me.

I also have an office cube. I'm kind of excited about that. Actually, I am really, REALLY excited about that. I have never had a job that gave me my own space...semi private as it is. When I was a teacher, I had a desk in my room but I never felt at home enough to put up pictures or anything. At my last job, I shared work space with every other employee.

To celebrate my new work space, I bought cool thumb tacks. And tomorrow I am bringing the calendar Banana Boy made for me. I'm making myself at home. I also brought in my coffee mug. That is the true sign that I have moved in. Tomorrow, I will have to find the coffee.

1 comment:

beth said...

exciting times for you! it's great. good luck finding the coffee! :)