Friday, May 4, 2007

Catches of Conversation

So, we were driving along in the car when I hear Banana Boy reciting some idioms that he is pondering. He is pretty accurate in his interpretation. We had been out looking at a house that we are hoping to move into and I think all the kids were talking about it, when Banana Boy says, "Well, don't count your chickens before they hatch."

Peanut chimes in, "Yeah! And if a chicken does cross the road, you have to stop!"

Banana Boy counters with, "Nooo, what it means is that you can't count on something until it happens."

Later in the evening, we were watching the 2nd Spiderman movie on TV and my middle son whom I call Pumpkin (although he prefers to be known as Pumpkinhead Pie Face"), blurts out,

"It's not a great idea to fight while you are falling."

My kids amuse me greatly!!

No comments: