Saturday, February 24, 2007

Why am I writing this?

I would like to say that I am an avid journaler. But the truth is that I dabble in journaling. My struggle is always the audience. I can't write unless I have an audience...someone I am telling the story too. "Dear Diary" is not personal enough to me. I can't picture who "Diary" is, what she looks like or why she cares what I have to say anyway. So, here I sit at my computer and I am picturing my friends and family reading this. Sometimes they laugh. Sometimes they are surprised. But at least it feels like a real audience.

My life has taken a curious twist. I am parenting 4 children who are 4, 5, 8 and 10. (3 Boys and 1 girl.) I am also a newly licensed RN. I have been working full-time as a psych nurse since July. And on too many occasions, I learn something at work that I can apply at home but even more surprising is that I learn something at home that can be applied to my job and my interactions with staff or with patients. So, I feel like I should write some of these profound moments down and perhaps ruminate a little on them, maybe get some feedback. In the end, I hope it makes me a better mom and a better nurse. That's not too hefty a goal, is it?

1 comment:

beth said...

welcome to the fun world of blogging!