Thursday, June 19, 2008

Kitten Decision '08

It's a tough night for my Princess. The votes for which kitten we will keep were cast. The winner is the black female named Shadow and not her favorite brown and grey tabby "Princess". It really is a tough decision because we have grown to love them all. They each have unique personalities. It will be hard to let them go.

Princess is taking it especially hard. She was crying at bedtime and explained it to me that she just wishes we could keep them all and that perhaps if we still lived in our house in Forest Lake, we would be able to keep them all. I told her we probably would have been able to keep two kittens but after a while, 6 cats is a lot to manage so we would not keep 6 cats either way.

My personal favorite was not even in the running. He is the black male that Peanut named King. My only consolation for my daughter's broken heart is that we can take our time and make sure that each kitten goes to a good home and perhaps ask the new owners if they will send us a picture every once in a while and let us know how they are doing. She also asked me if we can take lots of pictures of the kittens while we have them here. Of course we can do that.

I really felt for her and realized that my heart is breaking too.

No comments: