Sunday, June 8, 2008

Protected

I witnessed something absolutely amazing today. It was scary too but when it was all said and done, I could do nothing but sit back and praise the Lord, for He is good.

I took my kids to church today, like I do every Sunday. MN Teen Challenge came to do the service so it was a full house. My parents and I decided to sit off in this room with a TV instead of try to find a seat in the sanctuary. I think this was the first of several Divine Interventions.

My kids went to Sunday School and then suddenly, the door opened and my friend Tricia motioned for me to come out. She looked frantic so I was immediately afraid something had happened to one of my kids. Instead what she told me just about dropped the floor from beneath me almost as much. She told me that NY had just walked in to church. She then told me that she would go to the Sunday school room and tell the leader to keep my kids there until I came for them and no one else.

I walked back to my seat and whispered in my Mom's ear what was going on and then collapsed into my chair, shaking and uncertain what I should do. I did the only thing I knew I could do for certain and that was to pray. I asked for protection for me, and for my kids. I asked that if I did have to meet him, that I would not be alone.

When Tricia came back to tell me that my kids were OK and taken care of, I had tears rolling down my cheeks and she just hugged me and wiped a tear off my cheek. I thanked her again and went back to sit down. I tried to listen to the service and the music. I did really enjoy the songs that were sung. They hit me right where I was.

A while later, two male friends of mine came in to tell me that they had seen NY out in the parking lot and then driving around the church. For a while he was at the video store across the street. They walked over to the store and he quickly got in his car and drove off. This really scared me because I knew for certain that he had come to my church looking for me. It wasn't about worshiping God. He was trying to find me.

Jon asked me if I would like the police called and that perhaps if there was an officer in the parking lot, I would feel safer. He said, "You should not have to come to church and feel afraid." I agreed. My Dad went out and watched for NY as well. I talked with a dispatcher and gave her a description of his car and of him. She told me that an officer would be arriving soon but if he were to enter the building to go ahead and call 911.

I told my story to a police officer. My Dad was with me, for moral support as well as to verify his intimidation and threats. I also had one of the pastor's with me as well. Sometime during the midst of all of this, the tears stopped and the fear subsided and a peace that I can't explain filled me. I felt the Lord speak to me and tell me, "He is just a man but I am God. You are OK."

By the time I left church, he was gone. The police officer suggested to me that I get an order for No Contact. I think that is a very good idea. But I also know that no piece of paper will protect me the way that my heavenly Father protects me and did protect me today.

1 comment:

purpletulip said...

My blog entry was not about MN Teen Challenge. And I am neither supporting nor willing to defame them in my blog. I merely mentioned them as the reason for the church sanctuary being full and I was not able to sit where I would normally sit.