Friday, April 17, 2009

All you ever say...

PH started saying this one day last week, "Mom, all you ever say to us is 'Pick up the living room'. "

Ha ha. Very funny.

Maybe it's a little true. I do seem to say it an awful lot lately. I think it is because this is becoming my Biggest Pet Peeve. Ever. If it was just a little untidiness, I could handle it. But it isn't. Daily, and I am not taking creative liberties of exaggeration here, I find wrappers, crusts of bread, icky cups of sour, curdled milk, lego's, blankets, pillows, Playstation 2 games and dirty socks strewn about. If these things are not strewn about, then they are shoved between the couch and love seat on top of my end table. It is enough to drive me completely out of my mind.

Wouldn't you think it would be easier to just carry your trash to the garbage can that is 3 feet away? Wouldn't it be easier to carry your dishes (which are NOT supposed to be in the living room anyway) into the kitchen rather than setting them where ever? Wouldn't you get tired of being scolded every day for the same thing?

I would be. But then, I am a girl. I don't like being scolded. I don't like voices being raised. When voices raise, I panic and start to cry and get very upset and I will do anything to make things right again. My daughter is the same way.

My boys are not. They are from a different planet. And apparently on that planet, it's perfectly OK to be pigs. Well, welcome to earth and more specifically Tulip's house...It's not OK to be pigs. And until they start picking up their messes all they will hear me say is "Pick up the living room...throw away your garbage...put your dishes in the sink...quit eating in the living room...take your dirty, stinky socks up to the laundry...and wash your hands...Flush the toilet..."

Get used to it.

No comments: