Friday, April 24, 2009

Playstation Predicament Continuing Saga

I got a call from my oldest son yesterday. He informed me that the Playstation was now working but the TV was not. And according to him, he had tried everything. And then his voice became completely unintelligible because he could not possibly wait the hour or so until I was going to get home.

He was right. The TV does not work. I don't know what happened to it. Electronics baffle me. I can use them but I don't program them, take them apart to understand the inner workings or anything else. And quite frankly, I don't care to. There are other people in this world who like that sort of thing and I am perfectly content to find them.

I moved the upstairs TV back down and all evening the kids said, "I am just not used to the mini-TV." It's a 20". How is that mini? They are funny. I was sad to move that TV because I had become sort of accustomed to having a TV upstairs in my little corner where I have my computer and my scrapbooking stuff. So, I started planning that perhaps with potential birthday gifts coming up in the next month, I should look at replacing it.

However, today, my youngest sister reminded me that my parents recently got a new TV and now had an extra one that they were no longer using and that perhaps this would be a good one to use for the video games and to watch movies on. Absolutely brilliant! I called my Dad to see if they still had it, and if so, could I take it off their hands? The answers to both questions was Yes!!

And I can continue my pattern of staying behind the crowd, waving at the technology bandwagon as it goes by, catching on to things much later when the kinks and bugs are worked out and the prices come down. I'm not a bleeding-edge kind of gal.

No comments: