Monday, April 13, 2009

Blessings

I should never be surprised by miracles. My life has been full of miracles. Yet, somehow, when they come, I am always caught off guard and sit back stunned and think to myself, "The Lord did it again...He surprised me, He supplied my needs."

For example, I have a wedding I am attending in a few weeks. I don't have the money to buy a new dress but I have a lovely spring suit I bought a few years ago that I have only worn once or twice. The only thing I need is some sort of a blouse or camisole to go under the jacket, since I did tell one of my friends that I am not prepared to "showcase the girls". I'm far too modest. That is a good thing.

On Saturday, my mom was cleaning out her closet and showed a few things to me that I could have if they fit. I did find some satisfaction in the knowledge that things were too big for me. However, she did have one sleeveless, cream colored blouse that would go perfectly with my suit. And it fit. Now I don't need a blouse.

I am going through this Crown Financial class through my church and on Saturday is my weekly class. We do prayer requests every week and pray for each other through the week. Part of our preparation is to write out our prayer requests before we come. My brakes were just starting to make funny noises. I tried topping off the fluid but the noise was still present. So, I brought this up because I do not have the money to pay for the brakes.

Today, I am sitting outside a house where two men from my class are working on my van and fixing my brakes. One side of one brake was grinding shiny metal to metal.

I am so blessed.

No comments: