Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Updates and other matters

We are currently a cable free but fully digital TV family. My kids did lament that we do not have any cartoon channels. I, however, am not lamenting. I am happy to save money on cable and I also realized that there were really only a handfull of channels that I watch on a regular basis, so why pay for all those other ones that I don't watch. It does not make sense. And my kids will learn to live without Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network.

PH's health is greatly improved. His personality has returned. I knew he had turned a corner when he started getting into trouble and being naughty again. I did not miss that so much but I had missed the other facets of him like his energy, infectious and musical laughter and funny jokes. He has another doctor appointment this week, so I am curious to see how much more weight he has gained since the last one.

BB has made me quite proud with his improvements too. He has a big project he is working on. He had to pick one state to research and had all sorts of things to do around that state. I was floored when he told me that he wanted to get his "State Float" done early. This is so unusual for him. He is usually pushing the limits and deadlines. It would not be unheard of for him to tell me that something huge is due in two days and then we are scrambling to get it done. It really was HUGE for him to want to get it done early and then he did the work himself with the exception of some creative input from me.

Peanut is sounding out words and is on the verge of reading. He is doing it so much that BB told him, "Stop sounding things out!" I, on the other hand, am enjoying listening to him sound out, "kuh kuh kuh- ihhh ihhh ihhh-du du...KID!!"

Princess is feeling the stress of much homework, impending deadlines and pre-teen angst of having too many younger brothers. She is tired and a little crabby these days. Tonight, she sat in the kitchen, staring at the door of the fridge, unable to get started on anything because it was all too much. And then she continued to grow agitated the PH and Peanut kept running in and out of the house, breaking her concentration.

The fun never ends. I'm anxious for school to be out. We all need a break.

No comments: