Thursday, April 16, 2009

More Unsolved Mysteries

Why is there a ziplock bag of baby carrots in my freezer?
I did not place them there, nor would I do so. Peanut was "feeding" carrots to his new stuffed bunny "Checkers"...I suspect he wanted to try Carrot-pops.

Writing on the wall:
In the garage, one day the word "poop" appeared in 2 foot letters and yellow chalk. Another wall showcases the word "idiot". I'm sure that No One Knows who did it.
Someone drew a little cartoon scene on the wall just above the baseboards, behind the couch. That takes talent and serious ambition or a strong desire to NOT get caught.
I do know that BB wrote "I hate you" on the wall last fall when he was in one of his funks and really, mad at me. I figured it was some sort of progress from the day he wrote a note to Grandma and told her "I hat you". His spelling has improved.

Rubber lizards on my ceiling. I was finally able to change the lightbulb in my ceiling light at the peak of the vault and the critters were removed. However, I kind of miss them. There were up there for a year. I will console myself with the little rubber man that is stuck on the wall in my dining room.

I think it is sort of like fingerprints on windows... they are reminders that children live here but will soon grow up all too fast. For now, I am OK with these mysteries. One day, they will be painted over. But for now, they speak to me of childhood.

No comments: