Monday, May 26, 2008

Just because you can does not mean you should

Today, I was driving home from my 5th annual Scrapbook retreat. It was wonderful. I laughed, I cried, I sat in the Shiatsu massage chair and ate a lot of really fabulous food. I think I even did some scrapbooking in there too. But all good things must come to an end and it was time to pack up and go home. I picked up my youngest 2 children at my Grandmother's in western MN. My sister called me and we were chatting away, laughing and having a good time when I hear this funny noise. So, I turn to see the Pumpkin-head has turned around in his chair and is using a pop can to relieve himself.

Whoa son! What are you doing? (that goes in the book for Stupid Questions Parents Ask...Obviously, I KNEW what he was doing...the real question was WHY are you doing that?)

"I have to go to the bathroom."

You could have told me and I would make a pit stop. I don't want you to use your empty pop can for a potty. You set that can down and be very careful not to knock it over.

Peanut chimes in, "It's my pop can. I was done with it and I gave it to Ian."

Well, don't drink from it now. And neither of you do that again, got it?

My sister is still on the other end of the phone, laughing her head off. I tell her that she is not helping because I need to sound mad but it is hard when she is making me laugh. Then she says, "Well, that is a benefit of being a boy. You have Point and Shoot capability. Now we know where that expression 'I need to use the can' came from."

That just made me laugh even harder. But the laughter stopped when I had to carry the can full of urine to the garbage can. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

And thus ended my vacation weekend. I knew that I was time to go back to the real world.

No comments: