Saturday, May 3, 2008

Things I have learned this week

1. Sometimes things that look like they are bad can turn out to be really good...i.e. my van dying and having to get a new one. My kids and I really, really like our new vehicle.

2. And even though I am nervous about having a car payment and higher insurance, I do also believe that if God brings you to it, He's going to bring you through it.

3. The "Not so fun facts about Fifth Disease"
-while mild in in children and like chicken pox, you will develop an immunity and most likely never get it again, in adults it can be more than mild.

-Adult cases can cause the itchy rash that is from head to toe, in the ears, in the nose, the bottom of my feet, the palms of my hands...all at the same time like some sort of whole body Itch Fest of which I wish to no longer be a part of...and the rash sometimes reacts to sunlight causing me, a fair skinned red-head to look like a sun-burned lobster after a mere 2 minute walk outside.

-The doctor mentioned "some joint pain" but she failed to mention that this joint pain would also result in swollen joints. Every morning, I wake up with my fingers looking like stuffed sausages, my ankles looking like elephant feet and my knees stiff and snap, crackle and popping as I walk up the stairs. Then later on in the day when the fluid shifts out of my joints, I find myself running to the bathroom every half an hour like a pregnant woman.
-This joint pain can last for several weeks up to several months. One website said even several years. Hooray.

-I am not having fun.

4. I survived my first night at a Bible study small group leader. It went really well. I'm looking forward to the next meeting.

5. My kids like to pray for people and now that we have a white board up in our kitchen, we are writing down prayer needs and spending time praying at meals for those needs. BB added his friend who had strep throat. It has been so sweet to listen to them. It has also created some enthusiasm that I have not seen in them for quite some time.

No comments: