Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My first Meme:

(from my friend Jamsco)

“The rules are simple. 1) Pick up the nearest book and find page 123. 2) Count the first five (full) sentences. 3) Then quote the next three sentences.:”

This will be interesting because I am at work. Here goes:

“Monitor vital signs. May cause bradycardia, hypertension, or hypotension. An unexplained decrease in blood pressure may indicate hemorrhage.”

--From Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses
(but I will confess I cheated because this is the 2nd book I picked up…)

Here is what I found in the 1st book I picked up (The Professional Guide to Signs and Symptoms):

“Next, check your nipples for secretions by gently squeezing one nipple between your thumb and forefinger. Check the other nipple the same way. Notify your doctor if you see any secretions, and describe the color and amount.”

And that, folks, is what you get when you ask a nurse!!

No comments: