Friday, January 9, 2009

Friday Sick Day

I am home with 3 out of 4 children. Poor little Peanut tried, unsuccessfully, to convince me that he too must be sick and must also need to stay home. I think he is afraid he is missing out on something good. I had to have a little heart-to-heart with him about how we need to go to school and cannot stay home just because every one else is...and then I bribed him with a treat from the gas station on the way to school. I whispered it in his ear to make it extra special. It lit a fire under him and he was ready to get ready.

Before all of this occurred however, I was lounging in bed, rather enjoying the extra time to rest that having 3 sick children was going to bring me. Peanut woke up and then came and snuggled up to me in my bed. Next thing I knew he was laying on top of me, as I lay on my side. I started to rub his back and he just burrowed into my shoulder. It was the sweetest way to wake up.

I had a strange thought however. I have a queen-sized bed all to myself and yet, I continue to find I sleep on only one half of it. Is it because old habits die hard? Is it because this is where the alarm clock and the lamp is?

No comments: