Tuesday, March 31, 2009

More from the Village Idiot

I remembered some other things that happened last week, firmly establishing my title as the Village Idiot of Hugo.


--Stood by my van, hitting the button to open up my trunk and open up the doors...but they would not obey the fob...and as I stood there befuddled...I looked around and noticed that another van had a trunk opening...and I looked at the one I was standing by and realized, "Hey, this is not my van...it's a Town & Country". I drive a Dodge Grand Caravan. If only I had been alone...but alas...I had my daughter with me and she found it incredibly funny.

--Woke up and started getting ready for work. I looked at the clock and called downstairs to tell my daughter to get ready to head out when BB told me that she had already left. I commented that this was really early. BB said she had been gone for quite a while. Still puzzled, I looked at the clock, thinking it was 6:45 am. But when I looked at the clock, I realized it as 7:45 am! I stood there in my bathrobe, hair soaking wet with panic setting in...I now had to finish getting ready as well as wake up two sleeping boys, make lunches and head to work. Thankfully, I managed to only be 15 minutes late.




--(This did not happen last week but it's so funny, I have to share it). I came out of the gas station and climbed into my van. But as I put my key in the ignition, I noticed that the van looked very clean and the interior looked very...tan...and then I realized that I had climbed into the wrong van...As my face turned several shades of beet red, I looked over at the van I climbed into and realized it wasn't even black...It was a green van.

No comments: