Monday, March 30, 2009

My week as the Village Idiot (of Hugo)

I can't always pick on my kids. Sure, they do silly stuff, dumb stuff...Kid stuff. It's funny. It's annoying or aggrivating and sometimes, downright mystifying. But they come by it honestly because I have had one of those weeks where a whole lot of little things happened and I sat back feeling like I was a complete nincompoop and the village idiot.

In the space of one week, the following is a true account:

--I locked my carkeys in my running van...sitting in my own garage. Thankfully, I had a spare key. Lesson learned: don't push the buttons on your key fob when deciding to start your car...and check to see you did not accidentally lock the doors.

--Wore the wrong shoes to work...I slipped on my cruddy garage shoes when going out to the garage to get something...and completely forgot to change into my work shoes..the ones that coordinated with my outfit

--Wore navy socks with black pants and black, open backed shoes

--Spilled toothpaste on my shirt 3 out of 5 days

--Spilled taco sauce on my shirt at lunch

--Forgot my purse under my desk at work

--Forgot my lunch twice...one day, it was made and still sitting on the counter when I got home

--Fell asleep in a satelite televised meeting when I was front and center on camera and also sitting next to the presenter

--Walked halfway out to my car without my car keys because they were in my coat and I decided I didn't need my coat at that time.

--Left my cellphone in weird places: buried on my car seat, in the pocket of my other jacket, on my kitchen counter, on my desk

--Lost my mailbox key and haven't been able to get my mail for 4 days

--Walked all over the house in search of my nail starter, yelled at my kids for taking my tools, frantically searched and drove myself crazy trying to find it...only to discover it in my back pocket.

My motto for the week: "Can't brain to day...I has the dumb."

Silly, silly me!

No comments: