Sunday, April 6, 2008

10 Lesser Known Facts

A while ago, I was trying out a different blog site and wrote this. However, I have decided to stay on Blogger so I pulled this over. Why waste it! For what it's worth, here is 10 (possibly) Lesser Known Facts About Tulip Mom:


1. I have been a follower of Christ since I was 17. I don’t know why He loves me so much nor why He puts up with me. I am such a slow learner and so determined to do things the hard way. But I am grateful that He is a patient and loving Savior and finds me worthy of saving.

2. I have 4 children who light up my world. Because of them, I have grown up and become a much better person than I ever could have imagined I would ever be.

3. I went back to college when I was 31 to become a nurse so that I could feed those 4 kids and put a roof over their heads, or maybe just to keep shoes on their feet, since that seems to be what grows faster than any other part of their body, or what they wear out first. That would be boys for ya!

4. I work with serious and persistently mentally ill in a community setting. It is an awesome job. I set my own schedule. I don’t work weekends or holidays and I really do love what I do and feel that this is what the Lord has called me to do, next to being Mom. But if I had a choice, I would totally be a stay-at-home mom and home school my kids. However, it doesn't pay the bills when you are a single parent.

5. I have a very warped sense of humor. And I love to hear people laugh. If people laugh at my jokes, I'm on top of the world. If they don't, at least I entertained myself. But when I can make my kids laugh, it’s the best thing in the world! (But I usually have to get really corny and do what they do not expect, like sitting on a whoopie cushion).

6. I am a scrapbooking fanatic, waiting for a 12 step program. But then that would mean I would have to quit! I have too many pictures and too many pages to make to quit now! I’m still working on 2003!

7. I am also a quilter. I love to piece the tops together and then hand stitch the quilt together. It takes a long time but it is soothing to me. It's how I relax.

8. My secret dream is to write a book; a memoir of sorts. I had a horrific marriage marked by spousal abuse and child abuse but God is good and I have passed through that time with a lot of experiences and nuggets of wisdom I would like to share with others.

9. I love to travel. And now that my kids are out of diapers and sippy cups, the world seems much more open! My kids and I are planning a trip out west to visit my sister in Las Vegas next year and traveling through Mt. Rushmore, Flaming Gorge, Salt Lake City, and then returning through the Grand Canyon, Royal Gorge and the Rockies and hopefully, sleeping through Nebraska and Iowa (Well, the kids will sleep…I will have to find a way to suffer through).

10. If I could visit any where in the world, I would go to Italy.

No comments: