Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Move is Done...But not the Unpacking

I think this was by far the best Moving Day. Everything went so fast and smooth. I had a lot of people helping me out. I had also gotten rid of a lot of bulky furniture but I think it probably helped that I had moved a lot of things for the kitchen over to the new house beforehand as well as almost all of the clothing, linens and towels.

We started at about 8:45am and by 1:30pm, the truck was unloaded, beds were put together and bellies were full of pizza. It was awesome.

My work however, is not done. Now I have to put everything away. And I am beat. I have been running full throttle all week long just to get to this day and now that everything is in, all the energy has left me and I am a shell of irritated nerves and sore muscles ready to form a coup and revolt if I force them to so much as lift another item.

And BB just walked in to announce "When are we eating?" and not satisfied with my answer of "I don't know." He replied, "Well, I want to eat NOW."

Well, son, maybe the magic food fairy can just wave her magic wand and make some food appear but your mother doesn't know any magic food fairy. So, you, dear child, will have to wait until I drag my weary carcass down the stairs to find a pot, a can opener and a can of soup.

So there.

Oh, and I will have to find spoons. And bowls. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggg.

(And apparently along with my irritated nerves comes a sarcastic wit as well. I need a hot bath and a massage. I can probably get the bath. Bummer. It will have to do. )

No comments: