Friday, November 2, 2007

Reflections

Every year, around this time, I start to write my annual newsletter that goes out with my Christmas card. I enjoy doing it and the feedback I get is positive, so I continue the tradition.

I wrote out my little stories about my kids and what has happened over the last year. I found myself on the backpage with about half a page of empty space and scratched my head for a while as I figured out what to put there. I finally came up with a "What I have learned this year". I haven't decided if it is complete yet. But I think I will put it out here, and I may get some more ideas as I write some more.

The Top Things TulipMom has learned in 2007:
***Don't put bleach in trash cans that have been urinated in. It makes a deadly gas. ***Smile and laugh a lot. ***Cry when you need to. ***Enjoy life's spontaneous moments like 180' rainbows through the eyes of a 4 year old, fireworks from the side of the road, the thrill of new shoes ***It's ok to get lost. Sometimes you learn lots more than new roads. ***Plan accordingly. ***Relax and take a deep breath when things don't go right. ***Play. ***Take vacations, even if they are short ones. ***Houses don't clean themselves but that's ok. It can wait. ***My kids love my homemade pizza (it is perhaps the only thing I make that they like) ***Eat breakfast every day. ***Eat lots of vegetables. ***Try new things. ***Fake it til you feel it. ***Keep going. ***The bliss of a Saturday morning. ***It is wonderful to have no child in diapers!***Boys will fight whether you like it or not, so teach them to fight fair or out of mom's earshot ***Pigs are cute. Little boys who love pigs are even cuter ***Coffee, it should be it's own food group. ***Kids grow up entirely too fast.

No comments: