Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Amazed...

Last summer, I was struggling with having my 3 boys in one room. It was a constant battle every night to get them to settle down. I was exhausted because I did not get to bed before midnight for months. I don't remember exactly when the idea came to me, it was truly a God-inspired insight, but one night I had had enough and I suggested to BB that he just go sleep on the couch. Almost immediately, everyone fell asleep. So, he did it again the next night and again everyone fell asleep. I was able to get to bed around 10. This went on for over a week. I noticed a remarkable change in everyone.

So, I discussed it with BB and we decided that he could continue to sleep on the couch as long as he wants to. The livingroom, at night, would essentially be his bedroom. It was not ideal. I had to give up that space and the area so that I could relax there as well but it was worth it for the peace of mind, and the rest I was able to get.

BB and I discussed that he would always have the option to sleep in his own bed. I even put in a loft for him. He tried it one night but then went back down to the couch.

This week, he has started sleeping his own bed, of his own volition. I tried not to make it a big deal but I did ask him this morning why he was sleeping up there. He just kind of shrugged. I smiled at him and said, "It's comfortable up there, isn't it? Maybe we can put the sheets back on and make it real cozy." He smiled at me.

Something is changing in that boy and I like it alot.

No comments: