Monday, March 24, 2008

Another episode of Larceny

Today, I was really in the groove. I was running ahead of my usual schedule which is " Ten Minutes Late". I laid things out last night including lunches so all I had to do was make 3 PB&J sandwiches and put in a piece of fruit. I was in the midst of waking the school kids and gathering my stuff for work when I started looking for my cell phone.

Deja vu.

I could swear I left it on the kitchen counter on the charger. But it was no where to be found. Today, I was determined to defeat the Matrix. I grabbed my house phone and called my cell phone and started walking toward BB's room.

As I came down the stairs and walked in his room, I could hear my phone ringing but it was kind of muffled. I had been pretty sure BB had it but maybe I had put it in my jacket pocket. But then I saw BB leap out of bed and toss my cell phone across the floor and try to scramble back to his bed and look like he was still asleep.

I said, "BUSTED!"

He buried his head in his pillow and did not come upstairs for several minutes. Apparently, he had taken my cell phone during the night and had fallen asleep on top of it. He was sound asleep until it started ringing but he quickly woke up and knew he was in big trouble.

I wish I had this on video tape because I would absolutely send this in to America's Funniest Home Video's.

No comments: