Sunday, March 30, 2008

Peeps

Peanut is at it again...making me laugh. For Easter, he got this little bug catcher that looks sort of like two ice cream scoops molded into a pair of scissors. On the way to daycare one day, he told me, "Mom, I want to go to the zoo and catch Peeps* with my bug catcher."

*Peeps are what he calls baby chickens.

"Oh really? I don't know if you can catch them in that. Do you know what peeps become when they grow up?"

He thought for a moment and then real slowly he said, "Big Peeps."

I started chuckling and needed to see where else we could go in this conversation, so I said, "No, actually little peeps grow up into chickens."

Peanut: "Ohhhhhhh. And we eat chickens, right?"

Mom: "Yes, we eat chickens."

Peanut: "And we also eat cows."

Mom: "Yes, we eat cows."

Peanut: "And we eat pigs." He was getting into the spirit now.

Mom: "Right. We get ham from pigs."

Then he says with great enthusiasm, "And BACON!!!"

My little carnivore!

No comments: