Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My accomplishment

I have had my current vehicle, a '94 Ford Aerostar in a bright green that we have named "Jade", for 2 years. Today, I finally learned how to program the clock! I previously resigned myself to the fact that for 6 months out of the year, it would be correct and then the other 6 months, I would have to add an hour, unless I had to disconnect the battery. In which case, I would have rethink my strategy and probably would have to come up with a key of some sort that I would hang on the visor such as: Add 3 hours and 17 minutes.

Not anymore. I have conquered the clock. It will be my master no more!

For all the technological gadgets I have: cell phone, laptop, PDA...I am really not very technical. So, I wonder why people come up to me and say, "You know a lot about computers, can you help me do such and such?" They probably would not do that if they knew that my cell phone was on speaker phone for 2 days and I didn't have a clue how it got on speaker nor did I have a clue as to how to get it off. I should have handed it to BB. He seems to know how to do techie stuff naturally.

I think I will just sit back and rejoice in my clock victory and recount my other victory over the speaker phone on my cell phone. Now, if I could just figure out why it sometimes starts recording... A project for another day. Today is a day for victory!

No comments: