Friday, December 5, 2008

A Christmas Song Observation

I have already mentioned that we love to sing Karaoke Christmas Carols in the car and have been known to occasionally start what I call the "Mini Van Dance Party" when a really good one comes on. L.O.V.E. IT!!

BB's observation this week, as he was tapping his fingers to a song, "It seems that every Christmas song has been made and then made again with a Rock version."

Variety is the spice of life. Some songs I prefer the older versions like Gene Autrey's "Santy Claus is Comin' to Town"...Cracks me up every time! Some songs, I love to hear just the instrumental versions.

Others I love the updated "Rocked out" songs. Other songs I get sick of very quickly. For example, "Christmas Shoes". It's very sweet. But I really only need to hear it once a year and I am good.

One of my new favorites is sung by my "Radio Boyfriend" Josh Groban. That man has a GORGEOUS voice. I can't remember what song he was singing but it carried me away and left me breathless with it's beauty.

And I have already mentioned my favorite by Mariah Carey "All I want for Christmas is You"...it's just plain fun. I can't belt it out, but then can anyone who sings Car Karaoke really sing? I rest my case...It doesn't matter.

No comments: